2007年7月17日火曜日

Essay 06

My favorite movie

I like to watch movie very much. Three years ago, a movie theater built near my house, so I often go there. I have many favorite movies. Today, I’m going to introduce one of them.
It’s “GLADIATOR”. It was released in 2000. It won 73rd Academy Award. I watched it for the first time four years ago, because my brother strongly recommended it to me.

The scene of the story is laid in 180 the Roman Empire. A hero’s name is Maximus. An old emperor wants Maximus to take the next emperor. The old emperor‘s son, Commodus knows it, and he kills his father. Commodus becomes a new emperor. Maximus’s wife and son are murdered by Commodus. Then, Maximus deepen a desire for revenge to him. At last, Maximus become a gladiator, and he fight against Commodus for revenge and a peace of the Roman Empire.

Russell Crowe played Maximus. I was moved to tears by his acting. It was really good. He has played a lot of movies. His popular movies are “The Insider”, “A beautiful Mind” and “Master and Commander”. He was born in New Zealand in 1964, and he grew up in Australia. He married an actress, Daniela Spencer in 2003. Now, they have two children.

“GLADIATOR” directed by Ridley Scott. He is a famous director. His popular movies are “Alien”, “Hannibal” and “Kingdom of Heaven”. I have not watched them yet, so I do want to watch them.

Now, I have a lot of movies which I want to watch. In this summer holidays, I will watch them after I will return from America to Japan.

0 件のコメント: