2007年6月13日水曜日

Essay 03






My favorite animal

I don’t like animals very much. I have been run after by stray dogs, so I am afraid of animals.
However, I like a certain bird. It is swallows. Four years have passed since I came to like them and they build a nest in the eaves of my house. They come to my house and build the nest every in the latter part of March. In April, she lays eggs and sits to warm them. In the former part of May, the eggs hatch. Then, their parent birds give them some foods. In the latter part of May, they begin to practice flying and leave the nest finally.

The parent birds often fight to defend their young because sparrows attack them. Sparrows have broken the nest once. My father fixed a board near the nest two years ago. Then, the parent birds have rested there, and they have gone to bed there instead of a bed at night. I am sometimes awakened by the chirping of them. They are early riser. They get up at four o’clock, so I am trouble. However, I like them. They are so cute. They are nothing less than my children. I enjoy the observations on them. My family watches the growth of them. I’m looking forward to their coming to my house next spring.

0 件のコメント: