2007年11月30日金曜日

Book Review 2-10

I read "THE LONG ROAD".

It's a true story.
Terry Fox has cancer and he has an artificial leg. He thinks that only money can stop pains of children. He decides to run across Canada for money. He begins to run when he is 15 years old in 1979.
He is often in pain from his artificial leg, but he can't stop running. Many people give money to him. When he runs 3,339 miles, he stops running. There is a bad pain in his lungs. An airplane takes him back home. He has cancer again. He dies in 1981.
Money from his marathon brings hope to all people with cancer.
He gets many awards. Today his statue stands in Ottawa.

I didn't know him. I was impressed with him. He is so strong and brave! I can't. I look up to him. I think he is still running on our hearts.

0 件のコメント: